Master of Social Work – University of Michigan, 1981
Specialist in Aging Certificate – University of Michigan, 1981
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Oakland University, 1979
- 40 years as a master clinical social worker
- 18 years as a hospice social worker, working with terminally ill and dying people and their families
- 9 years in private practice as a psychotherapist
- 8 years as an instructor at Wayne County Community College in the gerontology program: teaching courses, conducting community workshops, and serving as a faculty liaison for all student field placements
- Past member, Speaker’s Bureau for the Alzheimer’s and Related Disorders Association of Michigan
- Former member, Board of Directors, Project Compassion Inc
Have experienced losing a spouse, losing an adult child, and taking care of loved ones with dementia
Worked for Chrysler Corporation’s Missile Division overseas in Italy and Turkey during the height of the Cold War
Founded and ran a series of three award-winning fine art and fine craft galleries in Saugatuck and Ann Arbor, Michigan
Licensed Clinical Social Workers have a master’s degree, advanced training, and supervised clinical work experience.
Members of the Academy of Certified Social Workers have a completed two years of supervised clinical work experience, passed an examination, and earned 20 hours of relevant continuing education credits.
The Advanced Certified Hospice & Palliative Social Worker certificate requires 20+ CEUs related to hospice and palliative care, plus two supervised years in the field.
The Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work is granted to practitioners who demonstrate a high level of competency and experience in their field and have five years and 7,500 hours of post-graduate clinical practice (including 3,000 hours under supervision).